LUMINA has two ground-breaking and exciting announcements today. The first is a call for submissions for our first ever Multimedia Issue, and the second an official logo contest.
1. Multimedia Submissions
LUMINA is pleased to announce the opening of submissions for our first ever Multimedia Issue!
We’re looking for unique fiction, poetry, non-fiction, visual art and audio work. All genres are welcome; slam poetry and script-work is encouraged.
Here’s the twist: Every submission must have an audio as well as a visual component. Some examples are a poem and a reading of that poem, a radio drama with an accompanying transcript, or a painting with a reading of a poem. Ideally, we would like to see a wide variety, so be creative.
The art and writing will be printed in the physical book and will be twinned with the audio accompaniment on our website. Simply send us an audio file along with the written and artistic work.
Some general guidelines:
- Please keep any prose under 1,000 words. The chapbook is a place for short essay and flash fiction, as well as poetry and scripts.
- Each submission should have two components: the written file and the audio file. The audio file doesn’t necessarily have to be a reading of the written work, so be creative! We’re curious to see what you come up with.
- Previously unpublished and original work only.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but notify us right away if your work is picked up elsewhere.
To submit, go to our submission manager and click on “Multimedia Submissions.” We will also accept multimedia submissions through our “Submit + Back Issue,” and “Submit + Current Issue” options. Just click “Multimedia Submission” when prompted for genre.
2. Logo Contest
We’ll be running the Logo Contest in conjunction with the multimedia issue, with the intention of premiering the logo on the cover. The logo will then be featured on the website and on merchandise. Credit will be given on LuminaJournal.com and on the copyrights page of the print journal as long as the logo is in use.
The winner of the Logo Contest will also receive a $50 prize, and another $50 when we make the final decision to use the logo.
We are looking for a logo that is simple, iconic, and represents the journal. Beyond those specifications, the criteria is wide open. Again, be creative. We do, however, recommend reading the LUMINA mission statement, before you start designing.
Some general guidelines for the Logo Contest:
- You may submit up to five (5) logo variations. Please include all images in one file.
- Please be prepared with a large file version of the logo. Should your submission be chosen as the winner, we will need a large file in order to do anything with it.
- If you require a back issue before submitting, please contact one of the editors at Lumina@gm.slc.edu.
To submit, go to https://lumina.submittable.com/submit and click on “Logo Contest.”
Deadlines for both the Multimedia Issue and Logo Contest is August 1st.
If you have any questions about the submissions guidelines, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck! We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Carolyn Silveira, Multimedia Editor
Christina Harrington, Managing Editor
Nicole Cloutier, Editor in Chief